Day Track: Mon – Fri, 9am – 6pm
* A 13% discount applies if you enroll in all four courses (102-401).
Next Day Class
June 15 – July 10, 甘肃快3走势图
- Objects (Including Properties and Methods)
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Object Extension with Prototypes
- Events, Event Listeners, and Event Handlers in Callback Functions
- Utilization of an external library such as ChartJS
- Local Storage and JSON
- The Basics of MVC
- Grid Layouts
- Fluid Layouts
- Animations and Transitions
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Introductory Data Structures & Algorithms
- Document Object Model (DOM) Manipulation & Traversal
- Multiple Approaches to Page Layout
- Using GitHub Repos and Sharing Code With Project Teams
Environments and Tools
- Unix and the Command Prompt
- Git and GitHub
- Visual Studio Code
- Chrome Dev Tools
At the end of this course, you will:
- Define the structure of a web page utilizing the semantic hierarchical structural conventions of HTML5.
- Apply CSS and HTML to implement page layout styles including grid, fluid, and responsive techniques; and to style content with color, typography, and images.
- Utilize industry standard version control tools and workflows, including Git and GitHub, to write functional, properly styled code and to work efficiently and harmoniously in professional environments.
- Be prepared for a Code 301 course.
No prerequisite classes are required for this course. However, to prepare for the entrance quiz, we recommend the following resources:
- Code 101
If you are completely new to coding, complete Code 101 to build your first website using HTML and CSS and to find out if a career in software development is right for you.
Once you are accepted into the course, please complete the Code 201 Prework. This important Prework makes up part of your 201 grades!
Computer & Material Requirements
Students are required to bring their own laptop with plenty of free space on the hard drive. By the first day of class, students will need:
- The Web Design with book set by Jon Duckett
- The latest version of
- A text editor:
- A account
- Linux: Windows 甘肃快3走势图 should be set up to dual-boot a Linux operating system. We recommend .
Learn with Stacked Modules
Concepts in each of our courses are taught using stacked modules, where a new concept is introduced in each class session, building upon what came before it. This is a challenging style that requires persistence, practice, and collaboration, but allows more concepts to be introduced over the length of the course. This method helps students learn and retain more information in a short period of time.
DeltaV Code School provides only a pass/fail transcript and does not assign letter grades to each student. However, to monitor student progress throughout each program, DeltaV Code School uses a point-based grading system that is introduced to the students on the first day of each program. In order to pass the class, students must attain at least 90% of available points. For more information, see Grading System and Disciplinary Action For Low Grades.
Punctuality, participation in discussions, completion of assignments, and demonstration of professional courtesy to others are required. Attendance will be taken at the beginning of every class. Passing requires at least 90% attendance. Students should always contact the instructors ahead of time if they are unable to attend all or part of a class session.